Planned action items
- Watch NPETL lectures to increase the understanding in Materials science.
- Lec – 1 Structures of Materials – Part 1 and 2.
- Lec – 4 – Nano Crystalline Materials – Part 1
- Lec – 1 – Advanced Finite Element Analysis
- Read Anand’s recent paper
- Deep read Chapter 1, 2 and 3 of Materials Science and Engineering
- Deep read Chapter 1 of Mathematical and Physics Simulation of the Properties of Hot Rolled Products by LPC (last name initials of the author).
Achieved action items
I watched the Part1 and Part 2 of the Structures of Material lectures from NPTEL but I realised that they are well beyond my level of knowledge. Therefore, I left that on the side and decided to focus on reading the first 3 chapters of Callister’s Materials Science and Engineering, which provide the basics.
Callister’s second chapter was just a review for chemistry for me from High School. Although, I had never studied crystal structures (Chapter 3) in my classes. It is something that is taught in Indian High schools but not in the International Baccalaureate program.
In the Chapter 1 of LPC, it was mostly an introduction of Steel and its importance in the steel industry and a very small section on hot and cold rolling process.