These days I am trying to do something that may seem more monotonous, but to me, it’s more exciting. I have decided to change my attire to only white T-shirts and jeans on a daily basis – this means wearing the same clothes every day. Here are the reasons for my switch:
- Nanaji (my grandfather) passed away in December 2017, following which I wore white kurta-pyjama for two days in a row. After a few days, I continued with my usual attire, wearing something different every day. I switched to white T-shirts because it is attached to memories of nanaji. I want this to be a tribute to his life and the service he provided throughout his lifetime.
- I believe that we should all consider ourselves beautiful, however, not to the extent of being vain and vaunting about ourselves. In order to practise this, I chose a very simple and powerful colour, white. In fact, no other colour really came to my mind. I saw myself in the mirror with a white T-shirt and blue jeans, and I felt satisfied in my appearance. I believe that this attire is simple enough to keep me grounded and will help me to learn to rise above the concept of personal vanity.
- The best reason for this switch is not having a choice. This is not immuring me of all the wonderful clothes I could be wearing, but it is liberating me above the choices that may define my every morning.
- This may seem ironic, but wearing different clothes everyday seems to be the norm. I wanted to try something aberrant. This is merely for my self-confidence. Whenever we try to do something that is out of the ordinary, it only enables us to enamour ourselves more.
- I am well aware that in the coming year, I will be moving for my graduate studies to a different state. For that, I must try to reduce the number of my assets to make the moving business more convenient. Having less number of clothes would reduce the luggage I would need to transport, in return, saving costs.
- Shopping can be very time consuming. Previously, I have spent hours and sometimes, days, trying to find that perfect jeans or T-shirt or suit that would satisfy my hunger for new clothes. Essentially now, I never need to go clothes shopping since that process has become so much easier. I already know what I want and the only aspect I need to adjust to is the size. I can easily minimize that by sticking to the same brand and style.
- Buying a white T-shirt can be very cost effective. A T-shirt could cost less than $5 and owning 5 or 6 is more than enough to last a whole week. Since I am very parsimonious, I am always finding ways to save as much and using the savings to the betterment of the family, friends and society.
- Now, I have a story to share. As previously mentioned, the importance of boosting our self-confidence is immense. Having a unique story gives us a personal story we would like to share with everyone.
- This is a story that I connect my grandfather with, which makes this cause invaluable to me.
- This was not one of the intended motivations, but wearing a white T-shirt has made me more aware of my surroundings. Whenever I am eating, I am extra careful to not drip anything on the T-shirt. I have become more careful as to where I sit, and where I rest my back. Eventually, this has enabled me to take care of myself more and be aware of my surroundings.
- Since I never have to worry about what I wear, I believe that I have become more carefree. For example, going to an interview, we are nervous about how we look. Knowing that I have only a single attire in which I look handsome and professional, I do not have to worry about my appearance when I am tensed.
Is this something you would like to try? The answer to this is completely up to you and your situations. If you do, please notify me. 🙂