The plan for today was to explore the market of menstrual cups and find out which all companies have their reach in Lucknow. This is how we can reach the company to extend their market to these villages (which will be beneficiary to the company and the target audience).
Since Lucknow is the capital city of the Uttar Pradesh state, it is a central base for a lot of markets. One of such markets is the medicine market located in Aminabad from where all kinds of medicines are explored to all over the state. My guess was that such a smarket would surely consist of wide variety of products for medical uses.
I entered the market and decided to visit all the shops one-by-one asking the same question, “Do you have a silicon cup?” After one hour of intense workout of going up and down the stairs, and visiting atleast 30 shops, I found that none of them had ever heard of silicon cup. I was flabbergasted.
In a state like Kerala, menstrual cups are readily available but in UP, it seems like that is not the case. There is only one more option left to ask – “Silomon Medical,” who had confirmed that they had heard of silicon cup a few days ago. When I visited today, the person who knew about MC did not come today.
Today I also went through the previous questionnaire and translated it in English. That is attached below.
Pre – Training / Official Training form
Workshop for adolescent women about cleanliness and health/Training workshop
Name ________________ Date _______________
Tick the right option below.
Options – Agree Disagree Don’t know
1. Women should not compete with men because they have different anatomy
2. You should share your thoughts and emotions about menstruation with authoritative figures such as, mother, teacher, elder sister, Bhabi, Chachi, friend, village incharge, etc.
3. Every adolescent experience menarche at a different age.
4. Menarche occurs generally between the age of 10 – 14.
5. During menstruation, the uterus contracts because of which stiffness and cramps take place.
6. You should not shower during your period.
7. Menstrual blood is dirty.
8. During menstruation, a women should continue to do the same things as before it started.
9. Talking to anyone or giving advice to anyone about menstruation is against our culture and you should keep it secret.
10. After using the silk cloth during menstruation, you should wash it with soap and use it again.
11. During menstruation, if a women touches pickle, then it will become impure.
12. The menstruation with someone should remain secret between you two.
13. Adolescents should be given proper knowledge before menarche.
14. During menstruation, you should work in the kitchen like you do on other days.
15. Menstruation is a curse.
16. A discussion on menstruation should remain as a secret.
17. Beauty is defined only by fairness, height, weight, etc.
18. The way we talk can lead to fights between groups.
19. To make a collective decision, the members should meet, talk and discuss, and arguments are common is such discussions.