Planned action items
- Learn conceptually about the various parameters involved in the hot rod rolling process
- Read about the case study of the Vanadium steel in the LPC book
- Get started on the NSF Essay competition
Achieved action items
- I gained a deeper understanding of the cDSP and the mathematics behind it by attending Dr. Mistree’s lecture on 2/20.
- Learnt, conceptually, more about SRX, DRX, MDRX and GG – different stages of recrystallization and grain growth.
- The case study helped me to connect the problem to the reality
- Through the SRL presentation and the poster fair, I was bombarded with numerous ideas for my own poster.
By knowing the variables required, I will be able to implement the cDSP and eventually be able to find the range of solutions for the grain size we require for the rod.
Table 2: Self-evaluation
Competencies that you wanted to develop and the progress in that
- I am continuously practicing to deep read and active listening
- Better time management
Lessons learned (from modeling side, based on papers read and any minute information that you found useful and new)
- When I see Dr. Mistree take notes, it really inspires and motivates me to become a learner like him.
- Better time management is always a struggle but I am trying my best.
Overall feeling (was there too much work load and any changes that you prefer)
I feel like I am more focused on the things that would take me to MIT. I am trying to bring it to every aspect of my life.
I now have a new exciting project to work on for the NSF grant for the conference.
I am beginning to think more critically about the project.